When it comes to the feelings evoked by music, there is no emotion that can't be felt through a song that someone has recorded. There are songs that make people angry, songs that make them happy, songs that make them fall in love, and there are even songs that put them in the mood for love.
Picking Songs for Your “Sexy” Playlist
Sexy songs can be referred to as “sexy” for many reasons. Some sexy songs make you feel sexy, while others put you in the mood for sex. If you're hoping to find a little romantic confidence on your next date, here are 101 sexy songs you should include on your playlist.
There's a little something for everyone on this list. You'll find all genres of music represented. Each song has something sexy about it, whether it's the lyrics or just the beat of the music.
1. “Wicked Game” – Chris Isaak
Chris Isaak's sultry vocals make this one of the most prominent songs on this list of sexy songs. With lyrics like, “What a wicked game you played to make me feel this way, What a wicked thing to do to let me dream of you,” it's no wonder this song makes it on all the sexy songs lists out there.
2. “Fade Into You” – Mazzy Star
If this song doesn't make you fall in love and feel sexy, it's possible that nothing will. It's a song of longing – “Fade into you, Strange you never knew.”
3. “A Case of You” - Joni Mitchell
If you've ever seen the movie “Practical Magic,” you already know how sexy this song is. “Oh you are in my blood like holy wine, You taste so bitter, And so sweet oh, I could drink a case of you darling and I would, Still be on my feet, Oh I would still be on my feet”
4. “Fever” - Peggy Lee
There's nothing like the fever-inducing hotness of being in love. If you want her (or him) to get a fever when you touch, this is the song to make it happen.
5. “Rock Steady” - The Whispers
R&B lovers will rock steady to this tune. “I looked at you, you stole my heart, You were all that I anticipated, I wanted you, every part, But I knew love would be complicated”
6. “I Touch Myself” - Divinyls
I think the line, “When I think about you, I touch myself,” says it all.
7. “Oh Girl” - Paul Young
This song is sexy in a romantic way. Plus, Paul Young's vocals are pretty suave.
8. “Set Adrift On Memory Bliss” - P.M. Dawn
Memories can be sexy too, and PM Dawn with set you adrift on memories bliss.
9. “Need You Tonight” - INXS
“I need you tonight, 'Cause I'm not sleeping, There's something about you girl, That makes me sweat.”
10. “Kissed By a Rose” - Seal
There's a reason Seal's sexy song was part of a romantic scene in Batman Forever.
11. “Rock of Gibralter” - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
If you want romantic and sexy, you can't go wrong with this track from Nick Cave - “The best thing I done, Was to make you the one, Who I'd walk with down to the altar”
12. “Out of Nothing at All” - Air Supply
Air Supply was the band Soap Operas went to for sexy songs back in the 80s and 90s.
13. “Tender” - Blur
A tender song with tender lyrics. It's sexy in its tenderness.
14. “Lay Lady Lay” - Bob Dylan
“Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady ? When will I ever hear you say: I love you. “
15. “Rock Myself to Sleep” - April Wine
If he's rocking himself to sleep every night thinking about you, that says something – something sexy.
16. “It's Now or Never” - Elvis Presley
It's hard to pick a sexiest song from the King, but this one will do the job.
17. “I Wanna Sex You Up” - Color Me Badd
It's obvious what this song is about.
18. "I'll Make Love to You" - Boyz II Men
It's just as obvious with this one.
19. “Paradise By the Dashboard Light” - Meatloaf
Meatloaf has a thing for long, sexy songs.
20. “Criminal” - Fiona Apple
If you've heard it, you've been turned on.
21. “Relax” - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
It's about sex. You can't even pretend it's not.
22. “Naughty Naughty” - Danger Danger
The 80s and the early 90s were rife with sexy rock songs like this one.
23. “I Feel You” - Depeche Mode
Sexy, love-induced synth-pop to get your groove on.
24. “Sexy MF” - Prince
It has sexy in the title, and Prince on the vocals – enough said.
25. “I Want Your Sex” - George Michael
George Michael didn't hold back on sexy with this song.
26. “Smooth Up In Ya” - Bulletboys
Another raunchy, sexy song from the late 80s.
27. “Caught a Lite Sneeze” - Tori Amos
Sexiness is oozing from the pores of this song.
28. “Bad Things” - Jace Everett
I wanna do bad things with you, but not with Vampire Bill.
29. “Rocket Queen” - Guns N' Roses
Rumor has it the moans in this song come from Axel having an affair with one of his bandmates significant others.
30. “I Melt With You” - Modern English
“Making love to you was never second best.”
31. “Toxic” - Britney Spears
While Britney's videos were always all about the sex, this song really kicked it up a notch.
32. “Genie in a Bottle” - Christina Aguilera
What's sexier than rubbing a genie in a bottle the right way?
33. “Pull Up to the Bumper” - Grace Jones
Groovy. Jazzy. Sexy.
34. “You Really Got Me” - The Kinks
“Girl, you really got me goin'.” He no longer knows what he's doing.
35. “In your Eyes” - Peter Gabriel
This sexy song will give you butterflies in your tummy, just watch “Say Anything.”
36. “Your Love” - The Outfield
“I just want to use your love tonight, I don't want to lose your love tonight.”
37. “Bump and Grind” - R. Kelly
R. Kelly aside, this is a dang sexy song.
38. “Every You Every Me” - Placebo
Sucker love... ah, the romance of sexy sounder songs that remind you of the 90s.
39. “You Better Go Now” - Billie Holiday
Vintage or not, this song strikes a chord in the hearts of anyone that's been enamored with someone but known they had to hold out just a little longer.
40. “Let's Get It On” - Marvin Gaye
No list of sexy songs should be created without this track. Sure, it's obvious – but really.
41. “No Woman No Cry” - Bob Marley
The music is sexy and so are the lyrics.
42. “Your Body Is a Wonderland” - John Mayer
This song gets guys laid (ladies too, most likely).
43. “Crash” - Dave Matthews Band
I love song about being crazy for something. It is romantic, but Matthews makes it sound sexy.
44. “Freek'N You” - Jodeci
90s teens and young adults definitely got it on to this song.
45. “Wishing Well” - Terence Trent D'Arby
“Erotic images float through my head.”
46. “I'll Be” - Edwin McCain
This is a romantic sexy song that is going to win over the hearts of anyone that hears it.
47. “Hot Blood” - Lucinda Williams
“Just a shakin' in my knees, just a cold chill, Don't know what it is, just call it a thrill, Just a lump in my throat, just hot blood.”
48. “I Just Wanna Make Love to You” - Etta James
What's sexier than a little honesty in a song?
49. “S & M” - Rihanna
Rihanna holds no punches with the sexiness if this track.
50. “Let's Talk About Sex” - Salt N' Peppa
Sexy, but also safe. This song puts the safety in sex.
51. “It Feels Like the First Time” - Foreigner
Foreigner's good at sexy love songs.
52. “Sexy Back” - Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake brought sexy back with this song – although “Dick In a Box” came in as a close second choice.
53. “Got You” - The Flys
When you've got them where you want them, this is the sexy song to play if you want to seal the deal.
54. “Devil's Dance” - Metallica
If you're a metal fan looking for some sexy songs, Metallica has got you covered.
55. “The Sweetest Taboo” - Sade
Sade's songs all have an air of romance and sex appeal – this one is extra sexy.
56. “Lay It Down” - Al Green
A love song with some romantic appeal.
57. “Video Phone” - Beyoncé
The opening to the song is sexy. The video is super sexy. This is a sexy song.
58. “No Diggity” - Blackstreet featuring Dr. Dre
If you want proof this song is sexy, watch “Pitch Perfect.”
59. “Sex Bomb” - Tom Jones
Tom Jones really shows his sex appeal in this song. “Sex bomb, sex bomb, You're a sex bomb.”
60. “Rock Candy” - Montrose
“But you're rock candy baby, Hard, sweet and sticky, yes “
61. “I'm on Fire” - Bruce Springsteen
“At night I wake up with the sheets soaking wet, And a freight train running through the middle of my head, Only you, can cool my desire.”
62. “Do Right Woman, Do Right Man” - Aretha Franklin
It's not a man's world and Aretha Franklin turned that fact into a sexy and empowering song.
63. “Closer” - Nine Inch Nails
With the explicit lyrics about sex, this song is the epitome of sexy.
64. “I Wanna Be Yours” - Arctic Monkeys
The lyrics. Listen to the lyrics.
65. “Inertia Creeps” - Massive Attack
Massive Attack has a thing for making sexy songs – it's in the music.
66. “Kiss Me” - Sixpence None the Richer
If you're in the mood for an innocent kind of sexy, listen to this sweet track.
67. “Here With Me” - Dido
The makers of the TV show “Roswell” knew what they were doing when they picked this to be the theme song for their show about sexy alien teenagers.
68. “Come to My Window” - Melissa Etheridge
When someone wants you to come through their window and wait for you in their room, it's not creepy – it's sexy.
69. “Feel Like Makin' Love” - Roberta Flack
This is another song that says everything right in the title.
70. “Climax” - Usher
While the title may give you the idea this is a sex song, it's really a song about a relationship reaching its climax. However, it makes it's way onto sexy song lists.
71. “Sadness Part 1” - Enigma
Enigma makes some amazingly sexy music, and this song is no exception.
72. “Radar Love” - Golden Earring
A song about a love that is felt even when two people are apart – now that's sexy.
73. “Love to Love You Baby” - Donna Summer
The majority of this song is, “Ahaaw, I love to love you, baby.” That's sexy, right?
74. “Ball and Biscuit” - The White Stripes
This song is as sexy as The White Stripes can get. If you're a fan, you'll dig this song when it comes to creating a romance-inducing playlist.
75. “Slow N Easy” - Whitesnake
Whitesnake knows sexy songs, and this song is proof of that. The lyrics are steamy.
76. “Why Can't I?” - Liz Phair
“We're already wet, and we're gonna go swimming .”
77. “Touch Me” - Samantha Fox
“Touch me, touch me, I want to feel your body, Your heartbeat next to mine.”
78. “Metamorphosis 1” - Philip Glass
Some sexy songs are very romantic, like this one.
79. “Human Touch” - Rick Springfield
Everyone needs the human touch, and this sexy song points that out.
80. “Dear Michaelangelo” by Sheila E
Sheila E. had a way to make something so strange be so sexy.
81. “I Wanna Be Your Dog” by The Stooges
This one is kind of raunchy and sexy.
82. “Like a Virgin” – Madonna
“Touched for the very first time.”
83. “Only You” - Yazoo
“All I needed was the love you gave, All I needed for another day, And all I ever knew, Only you.”
84. “Pink Cigarette” by Mr. Bungle
It starts, “Hush me, touch me.” That says it all.
85. “Eternal Flame” by The Bangles
This is one of the most romantic sexy songs ever created.
86. “Heaven” by Emma Ruth Rundle
“Forever want to lay with you.”
87. “This is Hardcore” - Pulp
“You are hardcore, you make me hard.”
88. “Electric Relaxation” - A Tribe Called Quest
The beat is one of the sexiest things about this song.
89. “6 Underground” – Sneaker Pimps
Everything about this song screams “sexy.”
90. “Palisades Park” - Freddy Cannon
This is a cute song with sex appeal that hails from the 60s.
91. “Teeth” - Lady Gaga
Lady Gaga has a lot of sexy songs, and this is by far the sexiest.
92. “The Way I Are” – Timbaland
“If we go and touch, you can still touch my love, it's free.”
93. “Down In Mexico” - The Coasters
This is a popular stripper song – making it an important addition to this list of sexy songs.
94. “Greensleeves” - Katey Sagal & The Forest Rangers
Whether or not this traditional Irish song is supposed to be “sexy,” Katey Sagal makes it sexy. Dang.
95. “Do You Want to Play” - Juano Lippi
If you're into love songs that are a little more funky, check out this track.
96. “Pony” - Genuwine
“If you're horny, let's do it.”
97. “You Put the X in Sex “ - Kiss
This one puts the X in sexy.
98. “Devil in a New Dress” - Kanye West
“They way you look should be a sin, you my sensation.”
99. “Give Me Everything (Tonight)” - Pitbull
This is a stellar dance song about giving your all to someone sexy, because there might not be a tomorrow.
100. “I Kissed A Girl” - Katy Perry
Sexy for the girls. Sexy for the boys. And a selling point for cherry Chapstick.
101. “I Just Wanna Make Love to You” – Foghat
Vintage rockers get a sexy song with this one.
Make the Most of Your Sexy Playlist
Whether you need a little extra confidence on date night, what to have a little mood music for your rendezvous, or you just want to feel sexy yourself, add these songs to your Spotify playlist and enjoy. Pick them all, or listen to the sexy songs that particularly make you feel sexy.